Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Nordic Leggings

For probably the first time ever, having scrawny legs is a plus!  When I was taking these photos I thought, "Oh no! The horizontal lines on these leggings make my legs look big."  But when I looked at the images I realized that when you've got skinny legs, horizontal lines aren't really a big deal.  In fact, they probably help!

DIY Leggings, Nordic Leggings, Fleece Leggings, McCalls 6173

I got this fabric from the bargain bin at my local fabric store.  I love it.  It's super warm and because of the awesome pattern I used, matching up the strips was beyond easy!

McCall's 6173
I really love this pattern.  It's beyond easy and takes less than an hour to cut and make. The seams are on the inner leg so you don't have to worry about matching on the outside.  You might remember it from the first Winter leggings I made HERE and the batch of other leggings I made HERE.

I made a matching pair of this Nordic version for my niece but sent them off to her before I remembered to take any pics.

Are you a leggings kind of gal?  What are you making to get ready for the cooler temps?  Leave a comment below~

5 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

I love leggings but it rarely gets cold enough for them. I cannot believe you made the leggings. Oh, wait, you are Tamara, the sewist extradinaire. (I just learned the term sewist.)

Sew Can Do said...

I have this pattern too, but still haven't used it - you've convinced me I need to get on it. Love all of yours! Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

Unknown said...

lovely leggings! so awesome you made your own! I am off to check the other links :) have a warm week!

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh - you are adorable!
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I loved your project and featured you today!
Have a wonderful weekend!
carolyn ~ homework

Lou Lou Girls said...

I love them! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...