Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sassy Librarian Dress

Fall started to set in here a few weeks ago, which means it's time to start sewing up some lovely long sleeved dresses for work.

New Look Dress, Sewing, Librarian Dress, Argyle, Sewing Patterns


You've seen this fabric on a few pieces already and, believe it or not, I still have enough left for another project.  It's the never ending bolt of argyle.

I used this New Look pattern 6001, View A. (Note this is an old pattern and New Look has since reissued this pattern number for a completely different dress.)



This pattern actually calls for woven fabric but I used something with some stretch to it.  I ended up taking it in a bit on the sides so that I could get a really good fit.  I still inserted the zipper so that I could get that great fit without compromising the silhouette.

Do I look smarter in my fake glasses?

The only thing I don't like about this dress is that I didn't self-line the neck tie.  The pattern doesn't call for it but the whole time I was cutting and sewing I kept thinking I should line this.  But I got lazy and followed the directions.  Now the tie has a front and a backside which annoys me.  I could still go back and add it, but odds are that now it's done I won't.


Have you started your fall wardrobe yet?  Any favourite patterns for fall that you're hoping to tackle?  Leave a comment below~

Check out my Winter Maxi Skirt made with this fabric too~

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Love that argyle! It looks great. I like the texture of the two-sided bow, but I know what you mean. It's those little details that bug us along the way that make us regret deciding one way or another once the project is finished.

Sew Can Do said...

This is really cute. What era is the pattern from - it's a really timeless look. Might have to hunt this one down to make. Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

Anonymous said...

Super cute dress! I love the fabric you used!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.com/2014/09/submarine-sunday-103.html

Lou Lou Girls said...

so cute! Pinned. Hugs! Lou Lou Girls

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...