Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Butterfly Cards

Here we go, another butterfly themed craft.  Sorry, but I cut out so many extra butterflies for my new Butterfly Art Canvas project that I have to come up with new ideas to use up them all up!

What better way than a couple of pretty cards~

I came across this idea over on Simon Says Stamp which I found through Tip Junkie (love that site!).


Mine is a little different in that I didn't use all different kinds of embellishments, although I love that idea.  It's much more simple, but it used up 6 butterflies!

Martha Stewart paper, Martha Stewart Stitched, Cardmaking, Butterfly Card, Easy to make Card

It went out to a lovely lady Ive met through blogging who was going through something very sad recently.  Isn't it funny how blogging can create wonderful friendships with people you've never even met!


I made a similar one for my niece who graduated from Pre-School the other day.

Martha Stewart paper, Martha Stewart Stitched, Cardmaking, Butterfly Card, Easy to make Card

On this one I used my Martha Stewart Glue Pen and Martha Stewart Glitter to add something a little extra.  And while I'm on a Martha Stewart kick I might as well tell you that, other than the butterflies, the papers I used were from the brand new Martha Stewart Stitched Designer Paper Pad.  (Stay tuned because I just might have something a little extra to share with you soon about this great new line!)


The badge is up on some 3D Dots so that she could take it off and wear it.

I never used to like cards.  I mean, I didn't like giving them, making them, or even recieving them.  What are you supposed to do with them afterwards?  But, I'm really getting into it now and appreciate the thought behind giving a card.  See? Never too late to teach an old crafty new tricks~

Make super sure you come back tomorrow...I have something special going on that involves you, me...and Martha Stewart!!

5 comments:

Little City Farm said...

Beautiful. I'm sure the lucky gal who received that card appreciated it beyond words. I love how Claire gets to wear that ribbon - too cute!

Gen said...

Both are lovely! Funny how you manage to add butterflies to everything and it always looks so nice! Cheers,

Lori said...

Love your cards! The circle cutouts are really cool!

Jill said...

Beautiful cards Tamara!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

How clever!! I love that she can wear the badge and all the butterflies. Thanks for partying with us girl.:)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...