Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Simple Thank You

I've mentioned that work life has been a little stressful lately.  Luckily, I think the worst is behind me and I'm going to be just fine (I've decided).

The wonderful thing about bad situations is that you really find out who your friends are and just how much people care about you.

So, now I'm living in a state of gratitude, especially towards all of the people who have been close by and have been helping me get through it all.

One person has really stepped up and gone above and beyond to help me, to listen to me, and to even offer me the possibility of a job, if it comes to that.  So, as a very humble show of gratitude I baked him a loaf of banana bread and made a simple thank you card.


Because he's an adult male, who I know professionally, and just as a friend, I had to hold back on the glitter, the butterflies, and the flowers.  This was no easy feat for me.

masculine card, thank you card, simple card

I just used some simple paper that had a nice border and with my Silhouette I made the Thank you plaque.  I inked the edges with some red cheapy ink from Michaels and popped it up on some 3D dots.  Does anyone out there know how to make Silhouette fill in lettering to make it solid?  I can't seem to figure it out.


Very simple, but sometimes that's all that's needed~

3 comments:

Little City Farm said...

Beautiful sentiment, Tamara. I'm so glad that you're coming to a more solid place. That way you can launch into your next phase. Best wishes.

Gen said...

Very Sweet! He'll appreciate it Im sure! Cheers,

Unknown said...

Homemade thankyous are the very best!! Great Job. Thanks for partying with us this week.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...