Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Show and Tell: Stamped Candle

Take a look at this amazing stamp.

It's huge!  It's 4" X 5".  Guess how much I paid for it...go ahead...take a guess.  Nope, you're not even close!

I paid a whopping $3 for it at a second hand store!  What a find!  There was a whole batch of these beautiful stamps, never used, all for a fraction of what they go for in the craft stores.

The little ones were only $2, even though you can see the original tags.
I decided to do a super quick craft with this big one.

personalized candle, stamped candle, inked candle, easy stamping

This seriously took me less than 5 minutes to make.  It's just a plain old ivory pillar candle.

I inked up the stamp, put it on the table face up, and rolled my candle across it.  Then I just added that little paper band that was from the original packaging. 

personalized candle, stamped candle, inked candle, easy stamping

So easy!  This would be great as a personalized gift for someone who loves to travel...like me!  So, I'm gifting it to myself.  Happy Wednesday Tamara, here's a candle just for you!
This project was featured here:

mop it up mondays

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Very cute! What a great idea! I'd never thought of stamping a candle, but it looks really nice. =)

Little City Farm said...

Really pretty. I can hardly believe it was that easy to do.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love it!!!

Dee

Carol said...

Wow! Number one - such a great find at the secondhand store. Nuber two - such a cute idea to turn a plain ole white/ivory candle into something special. Cudo to you!
Hugs -
Carol

My Dream Canvas said...

This looks amazing. I am visiting you via the party at Somewhat Simple. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

Gen said...

How perfect! Looking forward to what else you make with these treasures!

Unknown said...

I didn't know it was that easy to make candles that look like this. I LOVE this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

Jill said...

Those stamps are a great find Tamara! Good for you for crafting yourself a gift too!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your candle looks great, plus this is a great idea!
xoxo
Heather

Printabelle said...

Really nice! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...