Thursday, May 17, 2012

Golden Girls

Well, without going into loads of personal details I can tell you that the past few weeks have been more than a little challenging for me.  I got some rather crapola news at work recently and am facing some very big changes in my life.

Rather than drown my sorrows in beer, Margarita's, or potato chips (OK, maybe I've had a few too many chips lately), I've turned to something much better.....The Golden Girls!


Luckily for me, my local library has the first three seasons of the Golden Girls on DVD.


There are so many things I love about these ladies and I really do just lose myself in each episode and am able to forget my own worries, even if just for a bit.
Remember when they got arrested for prostitution on their way
to meet none other than MR. Burt Reynolds?
I love that back in the 80's a season was an actual season!  The first set of DVDs had about 28 episodes I think.  Not like nowadays where you're lucky to get 10 shows and a few repeats.

I think my favourite character is Blanche Devereaux.  I just love her southern accent and how she over dramatizes every little thing that happens to her.  It's hilarious when she describes herself, and I love how she always throws in things like "petite!" and "perky bosoms!" whenever she can.

      

Their clothes are a fun flashback too!  They kept it real and the wore several pieces of wardrobe many
different times...just like real people do!



The thing I really love about this show is that every episode is just as relevant today as it was back then.

I'm not sure why I never noticed it before but this was really the precursor to Sex and the City.  It's practically the same characters, just a little more mature~

Forget about Carrie and Samantha...which Golden Girl do you think you are?

I did a little online test HERE and was quite surprised by the result.  I thought maybe I'd come out as wisecracking and sarcastic Sofia, or maybe the practical but lovable Dorothy, but no...I'm STAN!!!!  Ugh.  Oh well, I am who I am.


Which Golden Girl are you?  Do you have a favourite character?

7 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE the Golden Girls!!

And I soooo LOVE Betty White's Off Their Rockers! Super funny!!!

Little City Farm said...

Apparently I am Dorothy. I might have been a little miffed about that, except now I'm just thankful I'm not Stan, lol. (good luck with whatever is going on at work - big hugs)

annies home said...

think I will always love that show and as I get older I believe that me and my friends may all be the golden girls :)

Colleen said...

Oh, how I loved watching the Golden Girls.
My favorite has got to be Betty White.
ColleenB.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

OH you had me laughing on this one. I loved the Golden Girls!! I remember when I was in college, when I got stressed I would love to watch reruns of Eight is Enough.

Sew Can Do said...

I've always been a fan too. And I just did the quiz - I'm also a Stan. LOL.

Unknown said...

I know I'm totally late on this post. I am trying to catch up on some of my blog reading.:) I LOVED the Golden Girls when I was growing up! I watched it all the time. I took the quiz and I'm Rose. How funny I wouldn't have guess that!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...