Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bridesmaids

I went to see Bridesmaids at the theatre last night with some friends.

Source
This movie comes to us from the same people who did "Knocked Up", "The 40 Year Old Virgin", and "Superbad" but I have to say this one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

I really needed a laugh and boy did I get one, one after another after another.

Source
Of course, we already know that Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph are hilarious, but here's the girl who really steals the show:

Melissa McCarthy
I knew I knew her from somewhere but couldn't place her.  She's Molly from the TV show Mike and Molly and she's been on loads of other TV shows.  (Did you know that she's Jenny McCarthy's cousin??)  Without her, this move would have been funny.  With her, it's hold your sides because they hurt so hard from laughing funny.

        

I think you can figure out the plot just from the title so I won't get into all that.  Just know that if you're having a bad day and want to take your mind off of something that's bugging you, head to the theatre, watch this movie, and I promise, you will feel better.

Besides, this cutie patootie will make it worth your while.
Chris ODowd
(Note: This movie is rate R for fairly good reason, but if you can handle a little vulgarity I think you'll have a good time.)

Have you seen it already?  On your way to see it?  Leave a comment below and let others know what you thought of it.

3 comments:

melissa said...

That movie looks hilarious! I just watched the trailer, but I hadn't even heard of it before - will have to keep an eye out for it! Melissa x

Mindy said...

Loved Melissa McCarthy in Gilmore Girls. =) Haven't seen anything about this movie yet.

Kitty Deschanel said...

Thanks for reviewing this! I actually hadn't been planning to see it after watching the commercials, but you've made me reconsider :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...